Sorry for the delay in posting but with a few personal issues going on right now I'm severely behind. The Year End Awards are posted below and the Top by Class lists will be updated sometime next week.
Coaches, Media, & Referees Only:
* Pound for Pound Wrestler of the Year- Drew Turner, Parkland
*4A Wrestler of the Year- Malik McDonald, South View
*3A Wrestler of the Year- Jacob Grigg, East Gaston
*2A Wrestler of the Year- Joby Armenta, SW Onslow
*1A Wrestler of the Year- Zach Orr, Robbinsville
* NCISAA Wrestler of the Year- Cannon Long, Metrolina Academy
*Freshman of the Year- Wilson Smith, Rocky Mount
*Female Wrestler of the Year- Jessi Kee, Scotland County
* Head Coach of the Year- Richard Herman, Thomasville
* Asst. Coach of the Year- TIE- Mike Turner & Kendall Nelson, Parkland
Open to voting by anyone:
*Most Physical- Mitchell Langford, North Henderson
* Toughest on Top- Marcus Cross, Parkland
*Hardest to Takedown- David Peters-Logue, Orange
* Best Athlete- Davonte Lumpkin, Parkland
* Toughest from Bottom- Drew Turner, Parkland
* Best Pinner- Thomas Rodriquez, Parkland
* Best Takedown Artist- Troy Gregor, Hickory Ridge
Editor's Choice- Open for Nomination to all but I decide:
*Academic Excellence Award- Conner Kominek, Lake Norman
*Person of the Year- Pierre Pryor
*Wrestlerette/Scorekeeper of the Year- Rachel Gallardo, Morehead
*Inspirational Wrestler of the Year- Justin St. Germain, West Wilkes
*Best Singlets- Parkland Throwbacks (Drew Turner in finals)
Now a few unannounced awards that are personal thanks to people
* Outgoing Mom of the Year- Brandy Turner, those live updates I post on the forum throughout the year almost every weekend the past 6 years, she's the one sending them in. She's went far above and beyond to help me provide the site and updates, I hate to see her son graduate for many reasons.
* Behind the Scene Helpers- Mike Carey, Dave Barker, Charles Clark, Kirkpatrick from Rosewood, and a few others that have asked not to be named in any way. They helped me immensely this year during periods of time when I had a lot going on. Words cannot express the gratitude my friends.
* Where in the world are you man?- James Allen, the past few year James was a huge help in running the site. This year he took a year away and his presence was missed greatly.
* Talk Till 1AM about wrestling- Charles Clark, we sent several nights talking early into the morning about all things wrestling which was a huge help for a wrestling junkie not able to make many matches this year.
* Been a long road my friend- Mike Bryant, sad to see you retiring from coaching my friend. Hard to believe it was 22 years ago we met at Parkland. The wrestling community will miss you.
Send any weight corrections, results, or any other information to me at email@example.com